9 Anti-Patterns Every Programmer Should Be Aware Of (May 11, 2015)
- Premature Optimization: Do not optimize too early before you know bottlenecks and problems in the live environment.
- Bikeshedding: Do not spend time on minor topics
- Analysis Paralysis: Do not analysis too much.
- God Class: Avoid big classes that control many other classes.
- Fear of Adding Classes: Add new classes if necessary and do not fear about the complexity.
- Inner-platform Effect: Try to use available features of your OS instead of re-writing them in your programming language.
- Magic Numbers and Strings: Avoid magic and undocumented numbers in your code.
- Management by Numbers: Do not rely too much on numbers like LoC.
- Useless (Poltergeist) Classes: If class is not doing anything valuable, remove it.